June 14, 2011

Circular saws aren't made for circles

I'm not saying I didn't know this, but considering I was lacking a jig saw and really wanted to build a round table, I went against my better judgment and tried anyway. Worst case scenario, my circle turns out to be rather square and I go buy and jig saw.


































After about twenty minutes of slicing straight lines, I must say I'm rather proud of my somewhat circular skill-saw skill.


































Heck yeah! Good enough to become this:


































Then with a little sanding {okay, a lot of sanding} it got a little rounder. On the table saw, I sliced a long board thin enough to bend, and spent the next two hours impatiently rotating clamps haphazardly in a circle as I wrapped the edge in trim.



































So having satisfied my circle need, I went back to making a couple squares.


6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog. You have some very inspirational stuff here and I love it! I actually did a slightly similar project a few months ago but now your blog makes me want to redo it, haha! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog. You have some very inspirational stuff here and I love it! I actually did a slightly similar project a few months ago but now your blog makes me want to redo it, haha! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg!!! the round one is my fav!!!! really nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 15, 2011

    Sucess requires passion & vision. Both of you have what it takes! Will keep following your story--enjoying every day of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 16, 2011

    Love the round tables! You can use a belt clamp next time-- would save you a lot of headaches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! I love the round ones too. And yes, good point, I totally should have used a belt clamp :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.