June 27, 2011

Six out of ninety-three

It's been ninety-three days since I've been home, and tomorrow, I am Brooklyn bound. Yes, I'm taking a break. It's time to reconnect, however briefly, with my life back in New York. I miss my house, I miss my cat, I miss my boyfriend. Uh, not necessarily in that order -- at all. I also miss Brooklyn. I miss the sun. I miss not wearing the same dusty clothes every day, and I can't wait to not lace up my work boots for en entire six days.

It's going to be hard to have to leave my home all over again, but I suppose I shouldn't think about that quite yet. A job's a job and I'm determined to get 'er done. So I will look forward to coming back and finishing up. However, I must admit I've been... wearing out. My. Brain. Is. Fried.

So. Brooklyn. I'm coming home! I'm going to cram an entire bike-riding, iced-coffee-drinkin', hanging-out-with-my-boy,  humid-and-sticky New York summer into a single week.

Cause last time I saw it, Brooklyn looked like this: yuck.

Photo accredited to Amelie! The view from our beloved sixteen foot U-haul.






































The restaurant will just have to wait. Goodbye for a while, West.

5 comments:

  1. I have checked out as well..to some how make a 5x9' piece of art in 2 and half weeks for a show..shall we all come back rested, appreciative, and lit on fire for all the projects to come..enjoy your time miss, you absolutely positively deserve it with a cherry on top. Make my eyeballs pop when you come back pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I will do my best to make your eyeballs pop when I come back. And maybe while I'm in NY too, I plan on posting at least a few times. Right now I'm in the airport which is the most UN-beautiful and uncreative place I've been in in a long, long time... Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't stay too far from the blog....but enjoy your home town!!!!! read you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 01, 2011

    Hi Ariele, it's Briony in Albuquerque. I was just checking the blog to see if there had been any updates, and it looks as if I missed about 30 of them! It's amazing to see everything coming together and you and Amelie are doing such great work. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.