August 14, 2011

I still love you Brooklyn, but this place has my soul

The site is officially no longer 'the site'. It's graduated and been christened to full blown, saw-dust free, restaurant status. Nope, I'm not done yet, but I'm definitely creeping closer. However, there's still enough to be worked on that I canceled my planned return to Brooklyn and decided to stay another two weeks. Yep. It was a hard decision, but I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving. I felt as though I was being ripped in two. I love this place. Love it.  My entire soul has been poured out into it over the past four months, and I've never, in my life, been more proud than I was tonight:

We had a party, and it was the most beautiful sight my eyes have ever seen.



































































This, is happiness. This, is absolute, head-over-heals, giggling, proud, honest-to-goodness joy.




10 comments:

  1. I've been (silently) following for quite a while and I also feel sad you have to leave. This is an incredible labour of love. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so sorry you have to leave :-( At least you have something you can really be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we could be the FIRST to dine in this beautiful restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your writing and your work so much! your blog is SUCH an inspiration. thanks for sharing your journey with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just finished reading the blog from start to finish, like a book - I am tempted to go back again and read it again, like a good book.
    I didn't: when I was done, I went out and tried to get a bowl of homemade pasta and imagine I was in the restaurant at one of those beautiful tables ;) I have to say that I read quite a bit, and more than I'd like to admit online - yet, I rarely comment. I have never commented on most of my favorite blogs that I have been following for years and here I am :). Thank you! I just loved every single post... and I simply loved the journey and the simplicity yet beauty of all the words and photos. It made me dream: had I been bit a tiny bit more brave, I would have loved to drop everything and gone on a similar journey... follow what I love, which is creating things from nothing (or at least, nothing in the eyes of most). OK, I am stopping now. I think I am starting to sound creepy. But anyway, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so many congratulations. I would love to feast my eyes on your tables & chairs & walls & pasta someday. Without a car, this may prove impossible, but I'm happier just knowing your beautiful restaurant is there!
    Best wishes,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could thank you all in a way equivalent to how dazed and overwhelmed I am by your wonderful, WONDERFUL comments. I am nearly speechless with joy! Thank you all so, so, so very much for making me feel that this blog is well worth the while :)

    Ariele

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.