August 11, 2011

Simply had to

Well, theoretically I am supposed to be done in a few days and heading back to NY soon. Theoretically. In practice, it's a bit more complicated than that. And it's because of this 'time issue' that last minute changes are generally frowned upon and heavily discouraged. However, sometimes new materials throw themselves into our lives and we just have to go with the flow.


































So this is the material I speak of. Old fence, once painted red, now only sorta painted red. It's gorgeous. It has to be somewhere. Sorry people, I'm just gonna have to take the extra time to bring these beauties into our lives. They'll thank me later.

Before:


































During:


































After:



So much better! It looks a little like velvet.




2 comments:

  1. But what are the bathrooms like? I judge restaurants a lot on the state of their bathroom. Do you have any magic in the ladies room? What are you going to do when you get back to Brooklyn? Teach anywhere? Loved this adventure. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm allowed to do very little in the bathroom since there are so many codes which are easy to violate without even trying to. I've been secretly working on a beautiful bathroom for a while now, and am waiting to reveal it till it's done! It will be pretty -- just you wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.