October 26, 2011

To california and out again

Well, we've had a flurry of family, friends, and food in the past few days. But my priority when I got to CA?
Go see my restaurant. And it was even more lovely and wonderful than when I left it over a month ago:


I've missed it.








































































The second thing I did? 

EAT! 




Mmmm, I've missed being cooked for. It was so delicious.

The third thing I needed to do was, well, fix some seriously damaged chairs. A month of people abusing my ancient, frail beauties put a lot of them in the chair hospital:




































The fourth thing I did? Well, we went to my favorite junk shop, where we found this beauty:



I finally have the table saw of my dreams! And it was only fifty bucks. Yep, that's right. And it purrs like a kitten. Purrs! And it weighs about a hundred pounds. I love it!

Then we saved another hummingbird that got stuck in the garage, again.

So after attempting to do all these things in a very brief and full three days, we packed everything in the car, including the hundred pound table saw, and set off on our exciting, ten day drive back to Brooklyn! 

 


First day down, nine more to come.

2 comments:

  1. can you recommend some good thrift shops salvage yards for wood in the monterey bay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your beautiful blog and work, so inspiring! I haven't heard of others having to rescue humming birds from their garages, I thought it was just me! They unfortunately love the the deep skylights but cannot get out once up there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.