December 28, 2011

light of my life {or of my kitchen}



































































I needed some better light in my kitchen, so I scrounged around in my junk boxes and came up with enough to throw this together! Then I added an adapter that converts a light socket into a plug, and {hiding the cord running up the wall} it turns on with the light switch! And I love that there's still a ten cent price tag on the shade -- I may have paid a wee bit more than that.

7 comments:

  1. just wonderful!!!!! Looooooove it !!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee--autiful work as always.

    What exactly is this magical little adapter that you found? Sounds like it might change my whole life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Can you make me a steam locomotive from salvaged parts? Maybe if I close my eyes and wish real hard it'll happen.
    hell...I gotta nice cheeseboard doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Rachael: The magical adapter is indeed magical! It costs like 99 cents at any hardware store, and it screws into the socket in place of the bulb, transferring the power into plug form that will accept any normal plug -- appliance/lamp. Brilliant, yes. Yes, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one clever lady. So simple, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really great. with the couch spring? love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.