February 21, 2012

now I am a Maker!









































I am extremely happy to announce that I've just been included in The Makers Project. Is it necessary to tell you that Jen Causey blows my mind? You can already tell this by looking at her photographs, right? It was such a lovely morning spent with Jen in my studio showing her all my work and chatting away. This girl is superbly talented, and has a knack for choosing interesting and driven people to include in her website -- I spent an entire afternoon perusing through her project, went through about six cups of tea while doing it, and I'd say you should do the same. It's truly inspiring, and I'm so honored to be a part of it. Also, her photographic genius made my apartment look way cooler and significantly larger than it is. How did she do that!

So here it is. If you haven't yet discovered her work, it's well worth the click. And thank you dearly, Jen, for making the experience so enjoyable and fun, and also thanks to Lily!

The Makers Project 
{photographs above taken by Jennifer Causey}

19 comments:

  1. So awesome. I love the Maker's Project and was hoping Jen would find you and your workshop/studio. Congrats on being featured and the photos are just beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!!! congrats !!! let's run to visit those site!!!!!
    btw... you deserve it!!!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. firstly, i've been nosing around your blog and i am just AMAZED. you totally deserve your spot on the maker's project. :) congrats to you!
    secondly, i think what you make, work with, etc., is just so cool. i love how you reclaim the wood--reclaiming is how i live very nearly my entire life. i'm rambling because i'm uber impressed. i'll shush now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for being a part of the project! loved photographing you and seeing your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pics, and beautiful work too...it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful! I love The Makers Project, its so inspiring to read about the creative process of so many different artists in different mediums. I always look at those photos to get inspiration for my own hopeful studio someday. Congrats on getting to be a part of the project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you through The Makers Project-your space is so inspiring and your work is beautiful. So glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just discovered your blog, to find some really great work! I am an about-to-graduate student/furniture designer, and its really nice to see someone working with reclaimed materials so well. Go earth! Good job on makers, can't wait to see your next work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fell in love with your work, the first moment I've discovered your blog. Now, I am even more spellbound.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome! You fit right in, but your work is still my favorite out of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. watch out the house i found... on my blog...
    did you see that i spoke about you on the interview i had? ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That house you found is PERFECTION! And no! Somehow I missed that you mentioned me on your interview! So I went back and read again. Thank you! You are the best! So cool.

      And thank you all for your lovely comments! I am a happy girl to have such great people around me.

      Delete
  14. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Makers is a wonderful project, congrats for being a part of it. And well deserved, I love your designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you dearly for your comments! They always make my day.